- Vegan & Vegetarian
- Gluten Free
- All Natural
- Australian Made
- No Nasties
A popular and iconic condiment in South East Asia, sambal is a moreish hot sauce made from spices, herbs, and aromatics and will give all your meals a flavour boost! Loaded with fresh chillies, tamarind and radish, this delicious vegan sambal will become your pantry staple.
Make this the perfect side to your Nasi Lemak. Excellent dolloped as a side to any meal, added to stir-frys, marinades and curries for a chilli flavour pop. Cook with coconut milk for a Sri Lankan twist or smear on pizzas, wraps or burgers.
Onion, water, Australian canola oil (GMO free), raw sugar, chillies, vinegar, radish, salt and tamarind.
Sambal Curry Recipe
- 1 jar SAMBAL CURRY PASTE
- 1kg of your choice of protein, tofu or boiled eggs
- 1 can (400ml) of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp of fish sauce or soy sauce (optional)
- A handful of fresh coriander
- Lime to garnish
1. Sauté protein, tofu or eggs along with the paste in a saucepan until golden brown.
2. Add can tomatoes, 1/2 cup of water, fish sauce or soy sauce and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until ingredients are cooked to perfection.
3. Garnish with handfuls of fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime.
Serve decadently over steamed rice or roti. Chilli lovers can celebrate with this spicy boost!